v1.8 - dijit.Tree - DnD of nodes makes change invisible until subsequent DnD action

v1.8 - dijit.Tree - DnD of nodes makes change invisible until subsequent DnD action

dpollen
Dojo 1.8 / dijit.Tree / ObjectStoreModel

I am seeing a very strange bug in the dijit.Tree when I drag a node from one
place to another.
It seems the store updates correctly, fires the PUT request to the server,
the _itemNodesMap seems to be internally updated to reflect the new
parenthood.

However... the child disappears instead of displaying in its new position.
Then, when another drag and drop operation is performed, the same thing
happens, EXCEPT the previous child node finally appears!?

I have spent the last 2 days searching through docs, reading the source and
have not come up with anything.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong?

Cheers,
Brett